VOTING TERMS & CONDITIONS
- VOTING PERIOD. The “Voting Period” begins on September 15, 2010 at 10:00 am and ends on November 3, 2010 at 5:00 pm after which time the voting will be closed and no further votes shall be accepted. All times are Eastern (“ET”).
- HOW TO VOTE. Register at http://www.favetvshow.ca by entering your full name, email and/or contact telephone number. Then, vote by using any of the methods outlined below. Votes will not be accepted by any other means: Limit of one (1) vote per person, per day, during the Voting Period. In the case of more than 1 vote per person, per day, only the first vote will be accepted. Votes will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged between voters and Canwest.
- Online: To vote online, go to the voting site located at http://www.favetvshow.ca (the “Voting Website”) register by following the instructions and vote, as instructed, for your favourite Canadian show from the past 25 years.
- Twitter™: To vote via Twitter, voters with a valid Twitter account should log in to their account via the Voting Website and cast their vote for their favourite Canadian show from the past 25 years during the Voting Period. Please note, only tweets sent via the Voting Website will be counted.
- Facebook™: To vote via Facebook, voters with a valid Facebook account should like/share the video of their favourite Canadian show from the past 25 years. The running total is displayed below the video player.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Canwest assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete votes, notifications, responses, replies or for any computer, online, systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, traffic congestion, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of a vote. Canwest is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, votes whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the voting process or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the voting. Canwest reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this voting process should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security, fairness, integrity, or proper administration of the voting process.
- CONDUCT. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY IF ONLINE: DAMAGE THE VOTING WEBSITE OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE VOTING PROCESS MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CANWEST RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Voters must comply with all rules and regulation of Facebook and/or Twitter as applicable.
- PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. Canwest is collecting voter personal information strictly for the purpose of administering this Vote. No further communications will be received by the voters. Please see Canwest’s privacy statement at www.canwest.com/privacy.asp for information on Canwest’s policy towards maintaining the privacy and security of personal information. At the end of the Voting Period, all voter information supplied for the purpose of this vote will be deleted and/or destroyed.
- LANGUAGE. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Voting Terms & Conditions and disclosures or other statements contained in any voting-related materials, including but not limited to the voting form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Voting Terms & Conditions shall prevail, govern and control.
- NO ASSOCIATION. Twitter and/or Facebook are not in any way associated with the programs owned or operated by Canwest, nor are the producers or distributors of such programs associated in any way with this voting process.
© 2010 Canwest Broadcasting. ™ Trade-mark of its respective owner, used with permission or under licence.